Sunday, January 22, 2012

Parent-Teacher Conferences

I had a my first parent-teacher conference at Olivia's preschool this week. Going into this meeting I was a little skeptical--it's preschool so what are they really going to tell me? Well, it was actually a nice meeting and we talked about what aspects of development Olivia has mastered and what she is still working on. I guess the conversation was just a reminder to us that Olivia is right on track for her age and that she is having a good time at preschool.

Some of the items she has mastered:
                    --throwing and kicking a ball (Yes, we have an inkling that she is going to be a little soccer player someday so this makes sense).
                    --Dancing to music (whew, her Daddy in particular LOVES to dance so this is once again another trait she has acquired from him.)
                     --Independence/Separation Anxiety (She has always been independent and being by herself at preschool reinforces the fact that she can have plenty of fun and be content by herself or with others).
                    --Shows an interest in books (LOVES them).

Areas in which she is " progressing" (their wording):
                    --Running (she does enjoy a good run so I am happy to indulge this area of growth).
                    --Climbing (Hmmmm... her Mama and Daddy are very protective when we go to the playground, could we be too over-protective?)
                    --Bladder and Bowel (nothing to be done here, she does not show signs that she is truly ready just yet).
                    --Sharing... that will come with time.


Oh well, one thing that she has demonstrated in the last few weeks is that she knows how to count to 10! When we are reading counting books she easily follows along with the counting. It is so much fun to hear her "counting" cups or toys while I am preparing dinner and listening to her talk... although I am not sure she truly "gets" counting, we are still proud.

1 comment:

  1. What a smart little girl! Can't wait to have her show Addie some big girl tricks. :)

    ReplyDelete