Sweet Olivia is truly a toddler! She has very strong opinions and wants to do most things independent of any help from Mommy or Daddy. Obviously, this has led to a bit of tug-of-war at times regarding nap/bedtime, diaper changing, potty time, leaving the park and coming into the house after playing outside. She is also having a hard time listening to us when the answer is no. Nathan is a super patient guy to begin with and he is good at just letting her have her moment and then moving on. However, I spend all day with her and she needs to know who is in charge. Me, right? A phrase I hear quite frequently throughout the day is "No, Ya-Ya (this is what she calls herself) do it!". However, I am so glad she has such strong opinions and it is fun to see this aspect of her personality emerging.
Oh Molly, I feel your frustration. It is a trying period, right? But like you said, at least Olivia (and Evan) have opinions and want to be independent. It adds character. ;)
ReplyDelete