James had his 15 month appointment recently and weighed 21 pounds 9 ounces which places him at the 10th percentile. He still looks pretty healthy to me and I find it hard to believe that 90% of babies this height weigh more. He comes in 31 inches (50th percentile) at the office but I measured him at 31.5 inches at home. I am not all that surprised as James is kind of a picky eater and still does not eat a lot even when it involves his favorite foods. His favorite things to eat are cottage cheese (I add flax oil to get more fat in his diet), whole milk greek yogurt, cheddar rockets, pretzels, watermelon, cheese sticks, oatmeal with peanut butter, morning smoothies and pancakes. Yes, nothing green in the mix. Luckily he gets his vegetables through the spinach in the morning smoothie and the daily squeezy packs that both children eat up.

He loves being outside... walking around in the front and back yard... helping me get the mail, playing with toys in the driveway. But all of that is secondary to playing with his big sister. He loves to snuggle with her and play(nicely) with her. She is something possessive of her toys and of course that leads to some fighting between the toy of them. He also enjoys daily wagon rides around the block. Hopefully to the park!

James goes to bed around 7:30pm/7:45pm each night and still wakes up anywhere from 5am-6:30am. I am still nursing him once a day in the morning and I suspect (and the pediatrician confirmed this) that he is getting up super early to nurse. When he wakes up in the morning he is still tired and often falls asleep while nursing. We have tried letting him cry in the morning and he doesn't go back to sleep so I think it is time to wean this little guy as Momma is desperate for more sleep. However, I do enjoy our quiet mornings together when it is just the two of us for an hour or two.
He is still not a big talker but he definitely understands and can follow two step directions and can get his message across to us as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment